1+ person - 395g - Ultralight backpacking
Pioulou XL is a large shelter for 1 person weighing only 395g. It will fit hikers up to 200cm tall. It allows to sleep, to sit and easily change clothes inside the shelter.
Pioulou XL is also available with an inner tent here.
- 6 guylines ensure excellent wind resistance
- No zip, increased durability
- Closure by superposition of two pieces of fabric + 2 adjustable buckles for easy access
- Optionnal zippered door is available
- Can be fully opened for warm nights
- The door can be kept open without wetting the sleeping area in case rain
Water column /
(diam x length)
|++||Yes (<1%)||>2.500mm / >7 DaN||395 g||12 x 17 cm|
>3.000mm / >7 DaN
|540 g||12 x 17 cm|
(Weights and volumes are indicated with seams sealed, the ultralight fasteners option, without pole or stakes)
Custom color option :
|Fabric||Current stock color||Availables colors|
|Silpoly 30D||Olive green||Link here|
|Silnylon 20D||Olive green||Link here|
Seam sealing :
You have the possibility to do it yourself with a silicone sealant.
Buckles for inner tent : +15g
The Pioulou ST doesn't have fasteners for the innertent by default. If you wish to add these buckles, select this option. Innertent is available on demand.
Door with zipper :
This option changes the opening system for a YKK #5 zipper with 2 sliders. It will add +25g to the final weight.
The stake fasteners consist in a reinforcement and a strap loop. On this loop, several types of adjusters are available:
- Normal : +12g : 2mm PES/dyneema cord adjustable with Lineloc : Picture
- Ultra-light (UL) fasteners: 1.25mm PES/dyneema cord with lineloc mini : Picture
- Ground fasteners by webbing + stainless rings : +65g : This
option changes the linelocs fasteners for adjustable loops of webbing.
The adjustment is very easy, ultra-durable and gives large versatility
on snow or other difficult terrains : Picture
Mosquito net skirt : 120g
A 25cm wide strip of mosquito netting is sewn on the bottom of the Pioulou, blocking most flying insects. For good efficiency, the zip option is preferable.
When used with a footprint covering the entire surface, you get a complete and versatile single-wall shelter.
Stakes : 140g
- 6 Rockpin stakes to anchor your tipi on the hardest grounds
- 6 UL duraluminium stakes for guylines when the weather turns bad.
Extension tube : 38g
The required length for the central pole is 150cm. We advise to use both of your trekking poles strapped together with the included webbing as a central pole. This solution is the lightest (5g) and very resistant : instuctions here (pdf).
If you use a single trekking pole, you can use the tube extension : this aluminium tube allows you to gain about 25cm of height on your trekking pole.
If you do not use trekking poles, a light and strong mostert pole is available.
Pitching instructions : pdf
Pioulou XL ST
- Product Code: Pioulou XL ST
- Availability: made on order