Current lead time : April 2020
Choice of fabrics:
Water column /
(diam x length)
|+||no||>2500mm / >3 kg||300 g||11 x 18 cm|
|++||no||>2500mm / >4 kg||345 g||11 x 18 cm|
>3500mm / >14 kg
|435 g||13 x 21 cm||Green|
(Weights and volumes are indicated with seams sealed, the ultralight attachment option, without pole or pegs)
(The volume can be compressed easily)
More information about the different fabrics here.
The peg attachments consist in a reinforcement and a strap loop. On this loop, several types of adjusters are available:
- Normal : 2mm cord adjustable with Lineloc (+12g).
- Ultra-light (UL) attachment: 3 loops of 1.5mm cord.
Pegs : 155g
- 7 Rockpin pegs to anchor your tipi on the hardest grounds
- 6 UL duraluminium pegs for guylines when the weather turns bad.
Central pole : 205g
Pioulou has been designed to be used with a trekking pole of 130cm in order to minimize weight.
If you do not use trekking poles, an adjustable pole "Mostert" is available. Light, rigid and strong, it will hold against the worst weathers. Parts nest inside each other, making it very compact for carrying (length : 45cm).
Custom color :
If you wish an other colour, please tick the "custom colour" option.
Pitching instructions : pdf
1 person - 300g - Ultralight backpacking
Pioulou is a shelter for 1 person weighing only 300g (with silpoly 15D fabric and UL attachments).
For people up to 1m90 (6'3") (see actual height here), it allows to sleep, to sit and easily change clothes inside the shelter.
Pioulou is also available with an inner tent here.
- Uses a single walking stick (optional pole)
- Offers 360° protection
- 6 guylines ensure excellent wind resistance
- No zip, increased durability
- Closure by superposition of two pieces of fabric + 2 adjustable buckles for easy access
- Can be fully opened for warm nights
- The door can be kept open without wetting the sleeping area in case rain
- Product Code: Pioulou ST
- Availability: made on order