1 person - 320g - Ultralight backpacking
Pioulou is a tarp for 1 person up to 1m90 (6'3"). It allows to sleep, to sit and easily change clothes inside the shelter.
Pioulou is also available with an inner tent here.
- Uses a single walking stick (optional pole)
- 6 guylines ensure excellent wind resistance
- No zip, increased durability
- Closure by superposition of two pieces of fabric + 2 adjustable buckles for easy access
- Optionnal zippered door is available
- Can be fully opened for warm nights
- The door can be kept open without wetting the sleeping area in case rain
Water column /
(diam x length)
|++||Yes (<1%)||>2.500mm / >7 DaN||320 g|
>3.000mm / >7 DaN
(Weights and volumes are indicated with seams sealed, the ultralight fasteners option, without pole or stakes)
More information about the different fabrics here.
Custom color option :
|Fabric||Current stock color||Availables colors|
|Silpoly 30D||Olive green||Link here|
|Silnylon 20D||Olive green||Link here|
Seam sealing :
You have the possibility to do it yourself with a silicone sealant.
Buckles for inner tent : +15g
The Pioulou ST doesn't have fasteners for the innertent by default. If you wish to add these buckles, select this option. Innertent is available on demand.
Door with zipper :
This option changes the opening system for a YKK #5 zipper with 2 sliders. It will add +25g to the final weight.
The stake fasteners consist in a reinforcement and a strap loop. On this loop, several types of adjusters are available:
- Normal : +12g : 2mm PES/dyneema cord adjustable with Lineloc : Picture
- Ultra-light (UL) fasteners: 1.25mm PES/dyneema cord with lineloc mini : Picture
- Ground fasteners by webbing + stainless rings : +65g : This
option changes the linelocs fasteners for adjustable loops of webbing.
The adjustment is very easy, ultra-durable and gives large versatility
on snow or other difficult terrains : Picture
Mosquito net skirt : 110g
A 25cm wide strip of mosquito netting is sewn on the bottom of the Pioulou, blocking most flying insects. For good efficiency, the zip option is preferable.
When used with a footprint covering the entire surface, you get a complete and versatile single-wall shelter.
Stakes : 140g
- 6 Rockpin stakes to anchor your tipi on the hardest grounds
- 6 UL duraluminium stakes for guylines when the weather turns bad.
Central pole : 155g
Pioulou has been designed to be used with a trekking pole of 125cm in order to minimize weight.
If you do not use trekking poles, a light and strong pole is available.
For better protection against run-off water, a bathtub is available on this page.
Pitching instructions : pdf
- Product Code: Pioulou ST
- Availability: made on order