Guylines are now equipped with a mini-cordlock allowing to easily fold and unfold. A few grams more for a much tidier shelter and guylines that are much easier to use in bad weather.
New ultralight fasteners : this is a "mini" version of the classic linelocs that works with 1.25mm
rope. Just as practical and strong. Its durability (friction) is
theoretically lower, but it is very easy to replace if needed. Weight gain of -7g on a Pioulou.
New cords for the guylines: polyester / dyneema size 1.0mm for the N versions, 1.25mm for the R versions: we lose between 5 and 10 grams per tent while retaining more than enough resistance.
Optimisation of the doors for the Pioulou models with an additional loop allowing the use of one stake per door in case of high wind.
End of the Orlu tent: it is difficult to maintain
several types of models in parallel, I prefer to concentrate on the
smaller and lighter models for the moment.
New design for the Pioulou and PioulouXL:
The size of the rainfly remains the same, but two
side seams have been dropped in favour of a single back seam: this
results in a much "rounder" tent, with a slightly enlarged interior
space. The ground attachment of the doors has been re-grouped and now
requires only one stake. Overall tension has been optimized. The weight is reduced by a few grams.
The design of the Pioulou innertent has been completely redrawn, it is now a little longer for a slightly larger interior space and a seamless floor fabric with a height of 15cm on the back and sides: no risk of flooding through the floor! The weight increases by about 10 grams.
News for the innertents of the "N" versions:
- The solid (yellow) fabric used on these versions is now a 20D nylon, still windproof and water repellent but with a reduced weight.
- The classic mosquito netting is replaced by Monolite (or Monofil) fabric, which is much more resistant to aggression (thorns, scratches), has a water-repellent treatment, is extremely breathable and is still very light!
After numerous and very positive tests, we are now using a recycled silpoly 20D. Our experience shows that it is more resistant, more waterproof, and adds only a few grams (43g/sqm against 42g/sqm for the old version). This increase in weight is compensated for by optimised reinforcements and fasteners.
New stuffs introduced in 2021:
- New Pioulou XL for the tall ones !
- Inner tent attachments made of elastic strap for faster adjustment.
- New guyline attachments.
- New flap for the zippers.
- New reinforcement.
- New puller system on the twin needle sewing machine gives high regularity on bias seams.
- CNC + laser cutting for unbeatable precision!