Current lead time : mid-October 2019
1 person - from 600 to 1355g
Pioulou is a 1 person shelter for hikers and travelers looking for a light, simple and comfortable tent. Designed for people up to 1m85 (6'1") , it allows to sleep, sit and easily change clothes inside the shelter. Its pyramidal form is great for shedding bad weather, and the vestibule is large enough to protect a good amount of gear.
One of the main feature of this tent is the absence of zipper on the doors : these close by superposition, and are easily opened by two buckles. The tent is therefore lighter, but also more durable as zipper are known to be a weak point on long-term use.
- Silpoly rainfly doesn't stretch when wet
- Uses a single walking pole ( or the optional aluminium pole)
- Offers 360° protection
- 6 guylines ensure excellent wind resistance
- No zipper, increased durability
- Closure by superposition of two pieces of fabric + 2 adjustable buckles for easy access
- Can be fully opened for warm nights
- The door can be kept open without wetting inner in case rain
- All seams are sealed
- Rainfly pitches first
- Rainfly and inner can be pitched independantly
Dimensions : (centimeters)
You can choose between three versions of this tent, "UL", "N" et "R". All three have the same dimensions, but use different fabrics, ground attachments and zippers.
- "Pioulou UL" is the ultralight version. The inner tent is walls are made with mosquito net only.
- "Pioulou N" is the normal version, a good choice for most hikers and travelers. The inner tent walls are made with windbreak fabric and mosquito net.
- "Pioulou R" is the reinforced version, for long-distance trips and rough terrain. The inner tent walls are made with windbreak fabric and mosquito net. Ground attachments are made of adjustable webbing loops, and zippers are stronger.
|Pioulou UL||Pioulou N||Pioulou R|
|Rainfly||Silpoly 15D grey-green (2.500mm)|
Silpoly 20D grey-green (2.500mm)
|Silnylon 40D dark green (3.500mm)|
|Inner tent walls||Mosquito net|
Plain fabric + Mosquito net
Plain fabric + Mosquito net
|Inner tent ground||Silpoly 20D PU (4.000mm)||Nylon PU 50D (5.000mm)||Nylon PU 70D (10.000mm)|
|Ground attachments||Adjustable cord (Lineloc)||Adjustable cord (Lineloc)||Webbing loop adjustable by stainless rings|
|Zippers (inner tent)||YKK 5||YKK 5||YKK 8|
|Included accessories||13 pegs||13 pegs||13 pegs|
|Volume (diam x length)||15 x 22 cm||15 x 26 cm||15 x 30 cm|
|Weight with pegs and pole||905g||1100g||1355g|
Poids with pegs without pole
Weight without pegs nor pole
If you want to change the color of the rainfly, please contact us.
Due to slight differences in fabric coating, announced weights may vary around +/-5% : More information about the different fabrics.
Central Pole and pegs:
- Pioulou is intended to be used with a trekking pole (>125cm), but you can also use the optional telescopic aluminium pole (195g)
- 13 pegs included : we chose a mix of 6 titanium and 7 aluminum pegs to adapt to any type of ground.
- Custom color : you can choose the rainfly color (depending on availability)
- Without guylines: Attachments are present, but the adjustable guyline is not included. You use your own guylines
- Seams NOT sealed : seams are sealed by default, but with this option you can do it yourself.
Pitching instructions : pdf
- Product Code: Pioulou
- Availability: made on order