1+ person - from 790 to 995g
Pioulou XL is a large 1 person double wall tent for hikers and travelers looking for a light, simple and very comfortable shelter. It allows to sleep, sit and easily change clothes inside the shelter. Its pyramidal form is great for shedding bad weather, and the vestibule is large enough to protect a good amount of gear.
One of the main feature of this tent is the absence of zipper on the rainfly doors : these close by superposition, and are easily opened by two buckles. The tent is therefore lighter, but also more durable as zippers are known to be a weak point on long-term use. A version with zipper is also available.
This Pioulou XL is designed for the tallest hikers, up to 2m00 high. The Pioulou XL is 150cm high, which makes it very confortable but also needs an extension on your trekking pole to reach this height. You can also use two poles strapped together, or the optional aluminium mostert pole.
- Durable fabrics (30D silpoly for rainfly + 70D nylon PU for ground)
- Seams are factory sealed
- 6 guylines ensure excellent wind resistance
- Closure by superposition of two pieces of fabric + adjustable buckles for easy access
- Zipper option available
- Can be fully opened for warm nights
- The door can be kept open without wetting inner in case of rain
- Rainfly and inner can be pitched independently (Rainfly pitches first).
Reinforced : +80g
Fasteners, buckles and webbing are changed for 15mm version (standard 10mm). Zipper YKK #8 (very strong). For the innertent, standard 15D mosquito netting is changed for 30D mosquito netting.
Storage bag fabric changed for 70D PU.
Changes the windproof yellow fabric for mosquito netting. Recommended for use in hot countries.
Changes the ground fabric (Nylon 70D PU 10.000mm) for ultralight silpoly 20D PU 4000mm fabric. It saves weight, but you will need to be gentle and/or use it with an extra groundsheet.
Stakes : 140g
- 6 Rockpin stakes to anchor your tipi on the hardest grounds
- 6 UL duraluminium stakes for guylines when the weather turns bad.
Extension tube : 38g
The required length of the central pole is 150cm. We advise to use both of your trekking poles strapped together with the included webbing. This solution is the lightest and very resistant : instuctions here (pdf).
If you use a single trekking pole, you can use the tube extension : this aluminium tube allows you to gain about 25cm of height on your trekking pole.
Mostert central pole : 330gIf you do not use trekking poles, a light and strong mostert pole is available.
2 separate carrying bags :
Pitching instructions : pdf
- Product Code: Pioulou XL
- Availability: made on order