Tipi 2/3 persons - 490g
The Tipi Aston ST is the version without inner tent (rainfly only) of the tipi Aston.
This tarp shelters 2 sleepers and their equipment, or 3 sleepers a little tight. The Aston ST weighs between 490 and 710g depending on the fabric and fasteners options. It has 8 anchor points to the ground, as well as 7 guylines, for excellent wind resistance.
- Quick and easy pitching by one person.
- Adjustable fasteners for optimal pitch on any terrain.
- Large awning to store equipment.
- Large and efficient vent above the vestibule to manage condensation.
- Quality zips (YKK # 5) + buckle
- 7 guylines included (polyester/dyneema) bright yellow
- Low pitching possible for very bad weather
Water column /
(diam x length)
|++||Yes (<1%)||>2.500mm / >7 DaN||490 g|
>3.000mm / >7 DaN
(Weights and volumes are indicated with seams sealed, the ultralight fasteners option, without pole or stakes)
Custom color option :
|Fabric||Current stock color||Availables colors|
|Silpoly 30D||Olive green||Link here|
|Silnylon 20D||Olive green||Link here|
Seam sealing :
You have the possibility to do it yourself with a silicone sealant.
Buckles for inner tent : +15g
The Aston ST doesn't have fasteners for the innertent by default. If you wish to add these buckles, select this option. Innertent is available on demand.
The stake fasteners consist in a reinforcement and a strap loop. On this loop, several types of adjusters are available:
- Normal : +14g : 2mm PES/dyneema cord adjustable with Lineloc : Picture
- Ultra-light (UL) fasteners: 1.25mm PES/dyneema cord with lineloc mini : Picture
- Ground fasteners by webbing + stainless rings : +95g : This
option changes the linelocs fasteners for adjustable loops of webbing.
The adjustment is very easy, ultra-durable and gives large versatility
on snow or other difficult terrains : Picture
Mosquito net skirt : 120g
A 25cm wide strip of mosquito netting is sewn on the bottom, blocking most flying insects.
When used with a footprint covering the entire surface, you get a complete and versatile single-wall shelter.
Stakes : 180g
- 8 Rockpin stakes to anchor your tipi on the hardest grounds
- 7 UL duraluminium stakes for guylines when the weather turns bad.
Extension tube : 38g
The required length for the central pole is 150cm. We advise to use both of your trekking poles strapped together with the included webbing as a central pole. This solution is the lightest (5g) and very resistant : instuctions here (pdf).
If you use a single trekking pole, you can use the tube extension : this aluminium tube allows you to gain about 25cm of height on your trekking pole.
For better protection against run-off water, a bathtub is available on this page.
Pitching instructions : pdf
- Product Code: Aston ST
- Availability: made on order