Current lead time : February 2020
Tipi 2/3 persons - 475g
The Tipi Aston ST is the version without inner tent (rainfly only) of the tipi Aston.
This tipi shelters 2 sleepers and their equipment, or 3 sleepers a little tight. The total height is about 1m58 (depending on the pitch).
The Aston ST tipi weighs between 450 and 710g depending on the fabric and attachment options. It has 8 anchor points to the ground, as well as 7 guylines attachments, for excellent wind resistance.
- Polyester fabric doesn't expand when exposed to moisture (depending on the fabric option)
- Quick and easy pitching by one person.
- Adjustable attachments for optimal pitch on any terrain.
- Large awning to store equipment.
- Large vent above the awning to evacuate moisture and efficiently manage condensation.
- Quality zips (YKK # 5) + buckle
You can use your own walking poles and thus limit the carried weight. The two trekking poles can be assembled by strap (included).
Optional adjustable aluminum pole is available (+301g).
Choice of fabrics:
Three combinations of fabric have been selected:
|Fabric choice||Rainfly||Expands with moisture||Impermeability / Tear strength ||Weight||Volume (cm)|
|Ultralight||Silpoly 15D||no||>2500mm / >3 kg||475 g|
|Lightweight||Silpoly 20D||no||>2500mm / >4 kg||560 g|
>2500mm / > 14kg
(Weights and volumes are indicated with adjustable attachment option, pole or pegs)
More information about the different fabrics here.
Colors usually in stock:
- Silpoly 15D: Grey-foliage
- Silpoly 20D : Grey-foliage
- Silnylon 40D: Green
The peg attachments consist in a reinforcement and a strap loop. On this loop, several types of adjusters are available:
- Normal : Adjustable 2mm polyester/dyneema cord with Lineloc :
- Ultra-light attachment: 3 loops of 1.5mm cord. (-25g)
- Winter attachment: stainless steel rings for adjustment and 15mm strap forming a large loop allowing to use skis or any type of snow anchor. (+ 60g)
- Without guylines: Attachments are present, but the adjustable guyline is not included. You use your own guylines: -28g
- Seam sealing: done by default, if you check this option you will have to make it yourself with silnet. This reduces our working time and therefore the price.
- Mix of 8 titanium pegs and 7 aluminum pegs to adapt to any type of ground. Independent bag included: + 125g
- Adjustable aluminum pole: + 301g
Further pictures of details:
Titanium and aluminum pegs:
Zippered ventilation at the top of the door:
Pitching instructions : pdf link
Assembly of two trekking poles together : pdf link
- Product Code: Aston ST
- Availability: made on order