Current lead time : September 2019
Tipi 2/3 persons - 475g
The Tipi Aston ST is the version without inner tent (rainfly only) of the tipi Aston.
This tipi shelters 2 sleepers and their equipment, or 3 sleepers a little tight. The total height is about 1m58 (depending on the pitch).
The Aston ST tipi weighs between 450 and 710g depending on the fabric and attachment options. It has 8 anchor points to the ground, as well as 7 guylines attachments, for excellent wind resistance.
- Polyester fabric doesn't expand when exposed to moisture (depending on the fabric option)
- Quick and easy pitching by one person.
- Adjustable attachments for optimal pitch on any terrain.
- Large awning to store equipment.
- Large vent above the awning to evacuate moisture and efficiently manage condensation.
- Quality zips (YKK # 5) + buckle holder
You can use your own walking sticks as pole and thus limit the carried weight. The two sticks can be assembled by strap (included). Optional adjustable aluminum pole is available (+260g).
Choice of fabrics:
Three combinations of fabric have been selected:
|Fabric choice||Rainfly||Expands with moisture||Impermeability / Tear strength ||Weight||Volume (cm)|
|Ultralight||Silpoly 15D||no||>2500mm / >3 kg||475 g|
|Lightweight||Silpoly 20D||no||>2500mm / >4 kg||560 g|
>2500mm / > 14kg
(Weights and volumes are indicated with adjustable attachment option, pole or pegs)
More information about the different fabrics here.
Colors usually in stock:
- Silpoly 15D: Grey-foliage
- Silpoly 20D : Grey-foliage
- Silnylon 40D: Green
The peg attachments consist in a reinforcement and a strap loop. On this loop, several types of adjusters are available:
- Normal : Adjustable 2mm polyester/dyneema cord with Lineloc :
- Ultra-light attachment: 3 loops of 1.5mm cord. (-25g)
- Winter attachment: stainless steel rings for adjustment and 15mm strap forming a large loop allowing to use skis or any type of snow anchor. (+ 60g)
- Without guylines: Attachments are present, but the adjustable guyline is not included. You use your own guylines: -28g
- Seam sealing: done by default, if you check this option you will have to make it yourself with silnet. This reduces our working time and therefore the price.
- Mix of 8 titanium pegs and 7 aluminum pegs to adapt to any type of ground. Independent bag included: + 125g
- Adjustable aluminum pole: + 260g
Further pictures of details:
Titanium and aluminum pegs:
Zippered ventilation at the top of the door:
Pitching instructions : pdf link
Assembly of two trekking poles together : pdf link
- Product Code: Aston ST
- Availability: made on order