Current lead time : September 2019
Tipi 3/4 persons - 660g
The Tipi Aston XL ST is the version without inner tent (rainfly only) of the Aston XL.
This tipi shelters 3 sleepers and their equipment, or 4 sleepers a little tight. The total height is about 1m80 (depending on the pitch).
The Aston L ST tipi weighs between 530 and 880g depending on the fabric and attachment options. It has 8 anchor points to the ground, as well as 10 guylines attachments, guaranteeing excellent wind resistance.
- Polyester fabric doesn't expand when exposed to moisture (depending on the fabric option)
- Quick and easy pitching by one person.
- Adjustable attachments for optimal pitch on any terrain. (depending on the attachment option)
- Large awning to store equipment.
- Large vent above the awning to evacuate moisture and efficiently manage condensation.
- Quality zips (YKK # 5)
You can use your own walking sticks as pole and thus limit the carried weight. The two sticks can be assembled by strap (included). Optional adjustable aluminum pole is available (+310g).
Choice of fabrics:
Three combinations of fabric have been selected:
|Fabric choice||Rainfly||Expands with moisture||Impermeability / Tear strength ||Weight||Volume (cm)|
|Ultralight||Silpoly 15D||no||>2500mm / >3 kg||555 g||15 x 15 x 16|
|Lightweight||Silpoly 20D||no||>2500mm / >4 kg||660 g||15 x 15 x 21|
>2500mm / > 14kg
|795 g||15 x 15 x 21|
(Weights and volumes are indicated with the 10mm adjustable attachment option, without snow skirts, pole or pegs)
More information about the different fabrics here.
Colors usually in stock:
- Silpoly 15D: Grey
- Silpoly 20D : Grey
- Silnylon 40D: Green
The peg attachments consist in a reinforcement and a strap loop. On this loop, several types of adjusters are available:
- Normal : Adjustable 2mm polyester/dyneema cord with Lineloc :
- Ultra-light attachment: 3 loops of 1.5mm cord. (-25g)
- Winter attachment: stainless steel rings for adjustment and 15mm strap forming a large loop allowing to use skis or any type of snow anchor. (+ 85g)
- Snow skirts - width 20cm: breaks wind, better pitch in the snow: + 110g
- Without guylines: Attachments are present, but the adjustable guyline is not included. You use your own guylines: -34g
- Seam sealing: done by default, if you check this option you will have to make it yourself with silnet. This reduces our working time and therefore the price.
- Mix of 7 titanium pegs and 8 aluminum pegs to adapt to any type of ground. Independent bag included: + 125g
- Adjustable aluminum pole: + 310g
Further pictures of details:
Titanium and aluminum pegs:
Color code for easy pitch:
Zippered ventilation at the top of the door:
Pitching instructions : pdf link
Assembly of two trekking poles together : pdf link
Aston XL ST
- Product Code: Aston XL ST
- Availability: made on order